除了加速环境退化, the current linear model consumes more resources than the Earth can provide, 不可避免地导致资源短缺. 事实上，根据 UN，如果全球人口达到9.到2050年将达到60亿, the equivalent of almost three planets could be required to provide the natural resources needed to sustain current lifestyles.
One of the strongest sustainability credentials we have is the contribution that metal packaging makes to the 循环经济. The circular model focuses on eliminating waste and the continual use of resources. 它使货物尽可能长时间地使用, 在使用时从它们中提取最大值, then recovers and regenerates products and materials at the end of their service life. Metals are a close match to the 循环经济’s closed-loop system, 哪一项需要削减, 元素的再利用和再循环.
Find out more about how metal plays a role in a 循环经济 and what we're doing to support industry progress in our latest 生命周期评估.
循环经济 principles are central to our vision of driving an efficient business that minimizes waste and resource use and maximizes material re-use. 以下是我们如何尽自己的一份力量来促进循环:
Reduce packaging material use by making our aluminum and steel cans 10% lighter in weight.
支持 increased metal packaging recycling rates in our major markets in collaboration with 行业协会和其他合作伙伴.
Maintain or improve the industry-wide average of recycled content in metal cans and transit packaging products in collaboration with suppliers, 行业协会和其他合作伙伴.
Increase the recycled content of the plastic strapping we make by 10% globally.
We are dedicated to securing the future availability of natural resources and unlocking more value from the limited resources we have. We will achieve our 最优循环 goals by taking these initial actions:
- Improve our understanding of the waste generation analytics from our global operations.
- Collaborate with suppliers and other partners to increase waste re-use.
- Extend the lightweighting program that is currently being deployed by our European team to a global scale.
- Share best practices across our Company and provide any needed technical support to maintain the performance of our products.
- Work with industry groups to establish country-wide recycling rates in the three major markets in which we operate: Cambodia, 泰国和越南. 到2025年底，建立2030年的回收率目标.
- U.S.: In line with our industry partners, strive to achieve: 70% by 2030, 80% by 2040 and 90% by 2050.
- Mexico: Continue to maintain >90% through 2030. Work with industry partners to establish a country-wide recycling rate.
- Brazil: Continue to maintain >97% through 2030.
- 葡京会app手机版下载 will work with industry partners throughout the EMEA region to strive for an 80% recycling rate in the countries in which we operate.
- 看看 葡京会app手机版下载的全球回收目标 2030年
- Collaborate with our suppliers of steel and aluminum to improve the circularity of our materials.
- Continue supporting the improvement of the industry-wide recycled content average in metal packaging and transit products (paper, 钢铁和塑料).
- Source recycled material, both internally and externally supplied, at strapping centers.
Our employees and operations around the world are already doing their part when it comes to climate action. Here are just a few examples of how they are making a difference:
Reusing scrap plastic pallets and packaging as wall protection in its manufacturing facility became a creative way for this team to repurpose materials and save them from landfill. 除了减少固体废物, the plant also took steps to reduce its hazardous waste levels by over 60%, 尽量减少我们的运作影响.
Recycling old line equipment allowed this team to place 138 tons of non-process scrap metal back into circulation, aligning with our goals to promote resource reuse and raise material recycling rates. The facility also reduced its consumption of compounds and lubricants applied along the production line by a respective 4.5%和13%，尽量减少浪费.
Installing a new pump and filtration system helped this team make a major change in its production process, effectively recovering and recycling refrigerant rather than disposing of the substance. 这种回收延长了制冷剂的使用寿命, 配套更循环的生产线.
In 2015, the United Nations General Assembly annonunced 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to address global changes and set a blueprint for action to achieve the goals by 2030.
Our sustainable priorities are aligned with the SDGs so that our actions can contribute to a greater collective impact. 了解更多关于我们与每个目标的一致性 here.